Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I, Me, Myself! – Riddhi Dogra!


Rangmunch: One thing you are grateful for in your life.


Riddhi: I am grateful for my parents who let me be the person I wanted to be and helped me realize my dreams (states sincerely). As your foundation is built during your growing up years, those are the times when you need somebody to hold your hands and let you do what you want to do. So am extremely grateful to my parents for being so open-minded and letting me try whatever I wanted to.

Rangmunch: One thing that you miss in your life.



Riddhi: A holiday! A honeymoon (she perks up immediately) Actually, Rakesh and I have not gone on a honeymoon since we got married. (Laughs) But we try and make up for it by having fun all the time.



Rangmunch: Do you listen to others?


Riddhi: Yes, of course I do. There was a time when I was growing up when I used to not listen to anybody. I think everyone goes through that phase. But now I do. It’s smart to listen to everybody and then analyze everything in your head and do the right thing.



Rangmunch: What do you need to change about yourself?


Riddhi: (thinks a while before replying) Ever since I have been a child, I have always been a thinking person. Looking at my hand, even the palmist used to say, “tum sochti bohot ho”. So, that is one thing I probably would want to change. But as of now, its not been catastrophic, its been fine.
Rangmunch: Do you complain?


Riddhi: I do complain, but then not to everybody. I complain about things that are complainable. (laughs)


Rangmunch: Do you judge others?


Riddhi: I am a Virgo. (Smiles) Criticizing, being critical comes quite naturally to us. But then am a cusp between Virgo and Libra. I get saved a little because Librans are balanced people. So, I don’t judge that much but I do make first impressions and keep them in my head.



Rangmunch: Do you take risk?


Riddhi: I have always taken risks. I was in a very safe job. I think taking risks comes naturally to me. Even when I was in school, I never used to think of what the norms were. In my college, I used to dance a lot. I always did what I thought my heart said I should do rather than what a girl should do.
Rangmunch: What is your biggest fear?


Riddhi: My biggest fear? (thinks hard) No fear! I don’t really fear anything. I genuinely believe that if I want to do something I will do it. If I have to conquer a fear, I’ll do that too.
With Brother Akshay Dogra
Rangmunch: Do you thank people enough?


Riddhi: I don’t think I thank people enough. I may thank random people a lot but special people whom you must thank, I don’t thank enough. I do it in gestures sometimes. But when I do it, I do it well, from my heart and not superficially.



Rangmunch: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Riddhi: Ofcourse, everything happens for a reason. I don’t believe that we all come with lines on our palms and that’s how its going to be. I don’t believe in astrologers because they tell you that this is the graph your life is going to take. Whatever happens, I feel it has a deeper meaning to it. We should take the goodness from it and not be bitter about things and learn to move on.

Team of Maryada-Lekin Kab Tak


Rangmunch: What are you proud of?


Riddhi: (thinks really really hard) I am proud of “Maryada”!!! (she declares finally with a smile on her face). I am really proud of this show and lucky to be a part of it because you have no idea where a television show can go. I am very happy and feel blessed to be doing a show like this where everybody’s energies are contributing only to make a good product.



Rangmunch: Do you care about what others think about you?


Riddhi: I care about what people who are close to my heart think of me. I don’t care what others think of me. I never have.
Rangmunch: What is the craziest thing you want to do?

Riddhi: I want to do so much. I want to do all the adventure sports. I badly want to do scuba diving and I want to do bungee jumping. I know Rakesh has done it. I think the craziest thing I want to do is to follow my heart, follow my dreams. I want to learn  the piano, get into fashion. I would like to do all this and break the monotony of life.


With Husband Rakesh Bapat
Rangmunch: Who have had the greatest impact in your life?

Riddhi: Lots of people - My mom does, my brother and Rakesh have a huge impact and my father to a very large extent. So yeah, you can tell that I am a family person.
Rangmunch: Do you procrastinate?

Riddhi: Oh yes! (smiles) Every time I have to wake up in the morning, I do.



Rangmunch: Do you let the negativity get to you?



Riddhi: In this Industry, everything moves at a rapidly fast speed and it gets difficult to balance yourself out. I don’t let it affect me to such an extent that it takes me in.  But I don’t become negative.


Actors especially are a sensitive bunch of people, so we are in touch with our emotions lot more than other people would be.  Negativity does affect you, but it depends on how you take it. If you become bitter and depressed then God help you! I try to stay positive.
Once I read in an interview of Farah Khan, who has seen a lot of bad times growing up, where she has stated that the biggest reason she and her brother have this great sense of humour is because it got them through the bad times. I think it makes a lot of sense. I don’t let negativity rub me the wrong way.

Rangmunch: Do you forgive yourself easily?



Riddi: Yes, I do forgive myself very easily. I am very lenient with myself (laughs)



Rangmunch: Do you frown more than you smile?


Riddhi: No no no, I don’t frown at all (smiles broadly). I don’t get angry also. Even if I get angry, people am angry at normally laugh back at me because I am not very convincing.


On behalf of Rangmunch.TV, we would like to thank Riddhi for this candid interview and wish her all the Best in Life!!


Interviewed by:
Swati Ghosh
Niharika Vidya Sagar
                                                                                       
Edited by:
Navyanka Varma
Neeraja Unni

2 comments: